Oct 1, 2014

Comfort Jewelry

You know those jewelry pieces that you just have to wear otherwise you feel like there's something missing, like you're not prepared to face the day? That's how I feel when I don't have these with me. I wear these everyday. These are my comfort jewelry:


Saint Benedict Stainless Steel Necklace. Well, the pendant is stainless steel and the chain is sterling silver. Both are fantastic as they don't tarnish even in water. That's why I NEVER take this off, not even in the shower. When I'm not wearing this, I feel vulnerable, like there's an important thing I forgot to bring.


Onyx and Sterling Silver Stacking Ring. I love stacking rings. I think instead of bracelets, I'd go with rings to commemorate major achievements in life, like charms on a charm bracelet. This particular one I chose because of the symbolism of Onyx: steadfastness, calmness, strength. And the black just goes with everything (you know how I love wearing black). I got this from the Etsy store (I love shopping on Etsy) Mood Jewelry.

Plastic Rosary. While not the most glamorous or even sturdy piece, this rosary is indispensable for me. While I don't have this with me everyday, I always have this with me in times of stress: when I have an exam later in the day, I put this in my pocket before I leave the house; when I've just suffered a disappointment, I hold this for comfort; and when I'm feeling nervous for any reason, I just pray with this and I feel fine. As I said, it's not the most sturdy piece; I've tried using other rosaries, but I always go back to this.


There you go. What's your comfort jewelry?

P.S. I just realized: today's the first day of October, the month of the Holy Rosary. This post couldn't have come at a better time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...