Oct 14, 2014

#Quoteivation: How to Get Over Frustration




It's the start of my week again and I'm getting by (more than getting by, actually). The past weekend wasn't as hectic as the one that came before it but
it was still "stressful" (isn't everything?). By stressful, I don't mean the pressure one feels with rushing a deadline, I mean the stress of not having things go your way. Frustration.

There were things I wanted to do, things I wanted to get, and I felt like no one was moving fast enough, I wasn't moving fast enough, or I wasn't doing enough things. Nothing was enough.
When those feelings surface, it feels like there's a tightness in your chest, like you can't really get your breath because there's an urgency inside of you, something that's egging you on. Moremoremorefasterfasterfaster. It's hectic, it's tiring, it steals your breath. When you think about, the feeling doesn't so much rest on external forces as it rests on your perception of those external forces. Even if the delivery is late or the internet is choppy and slow, you can't change them, you can't do anything about it short of doing anything drastic. So instead of focusing on what other people are doing, focus on what you are doing. Focus on your emotions, your reactions. When you feel that tightness in your chest, breathe. In, out, in, out. Until you're calm again.
You control your emotions, your reactions. Don't let others dictate your emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...