Sep 29, 2014

Quote-ivation: Pace Yourself. Listen to Your Body.

I mentioned yesterday that I felt off this week. I felt like I was coming down with a fever, probably because of muscle pains from a PE dance step coupled with just plain tiredness.

Last Friday night, I was sure that that fever was going to fully materialize. I was prepared to spend the weekend in bed fighting off sickness. I was also stressing because I had a lot to do for the next week: three papers to write, two books to read, and a whole lot of research to do. I contemplated even soldiering on even while sick. 

While there are times when it can't be helped to just do your work while sick, there are also times when what you need is to just stop. Stop and rest. No matter how full your schedule is, consciously step on the breaks and put those worries aside. Your body is important, the state of your health keeps you functioning. If you feel off, determine if you just feel lazy, uninspired, or truly on the verge of being sick. Pace yourself. Listen to your body. It you don't believe in what your body is saying, who will?



P.S. It turns out, that fever didn't materialize, thank God. You know what happened? I just drank coffee (my first for this semester) and suddenly I felt okay. Weird. I probably was just in a state of ennui and needed the kick of caffeine to wake me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...