Oct 8, 2014

Choice Metal: Sterling Silver

I'm very partial to silver. I wear sterling silver comfort jewelry (a necklace and a ring), a sterling silver watch, and sterling silver earrings. Yep. 

One reason I prefer silver is it doesn't tarnish. And it's easier to acquire than stainless steel (my go-to shop for SS is Unisilver). Another reason is that I have a fear of being held up by thieves during my commute. It's much less conspicuous if I wear non-gold-looking jewelry. That's my belief, anyway. And since I almost always wear black, the contrast between the black and the silver is really great. Though, according to my skin color, gold looks better on me, but I honestly think either way is fine.

Sterling Silver watch from Unisilver



sterling silver studs from Unisilver

These are my daily earrings. I think everyone (especially students who have their ears pierced [and who actually want to wear earrings]) should have a daily set of jewelry, something that's comfortable, presentable, and fuss-free. Before, my daily earrings were sterling silver hoops but I've noticed that, since I wear glasses, it looks like there are a lot dangling on my face and head so I switched to simple studs.

Fun fact about these earrings: I've lost count of how many times the earring back (is that what they're called) nearly got lost. Since these are my favorite, I always try to find the back/clasp/whatever, even if it means I have to get down on all fours with a flashlight to survey the floor.

There you go. What are your favorite pieces of jewelry?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...