Sep 19, 2014

Quoteivation: Quotes for Motivation

image
Every week, or whenever I’m going through a tough time (which is pretty much every week when we consider school work “tough”), I have a mantra to keep me motivated to finish tasks.
If you’ve been following my Instagram, you’ve already seen some of them.

image
My will is as strong as yours.
Two weeks ago, it was this. I wasn’t really fighting with anyone, I just found it helpful to think I was. Fighting with the expectations, or lack of them, of people in general. I was struggling to finish some requirements and I couldn’t accept that I won’t be able to finish. So I repeated to myself that my will is as strong as anyone else’s. It worked.

image
Be a little better.

image
Have high standards.
In the middle of the week, these came to me. Give a little bit more than what is asked. Climb a little higher, walk a little faster, work a little longer, talk a little louder, think a little harder.
Be a little better. Aim for the top and have high standards, not because other people expect you to or set your standards for you, but because you yourself want to meet certain standards you think you deserve.

image
It’s not over until it’s over.

image
I will not lose.
And we’re back to fighting someone unseen. The past week was the first time I had to stay up really late for this semester. And when I haven’t had enough sleep, I get really pessimistic and negative about life in general. One particular time was when I needed to finish my readings and there was that voice inside my head that was telling me I wouldn’t make it. It was telling me to give up and put the readings down, make up some excuse for not being able to do. I didn’t listen.
It’s not over until it’s over, I told myself.I will not lose to that pessimistic voice. And what do you know, I made it. I finished the readings and performed well in class.
Everyone needs help some time in their life. And I think words, our own words, can provide it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...