Sep 24, 2014

What's in my iPhone

The iPhone is one of the best things that happened to me this year. I use it a lot for college.

Here are the apps in my iPhone:


The apps are mainly divided into 12 categories. This makes it easier for me to search for an app and it makes the whole interface clean (thus saving my sanity).

The four at the bottom are the most used apps for communication, with the Settings for easy access to cellular data, and the Camera for daily snapshots of life and college readings.




Extras



These are, well, extras. I hardly use any of these. Occasionally, I'd use the Voice Memos for quick notes in class or to hear my voice (hey, it's fun). I also installed Avira for the virus protection but I don't know if it actually works. It being there comforts me, anyway.


Utilities



Aside from the usual App Store and iTunes, I have Battery Doctor. I think it's a life-saver - err, battery saver. It basically logs each time you charge, keep tracks of the length of each charge, and notifies you if it's time to unplug your device to prevent overcharging (which, according to hearsays, is bad for you battery and can lessen it's life). The app also has a Memory Boost feature that reallocates your phone's memory to free up space, and a Junk feature to clear up unused junk from your phone's other apps.

Be careful when using the Junk feature in the iPad, though, especially if you have the Zinio magazine reader app; it could wipe the Zinio app of you offline magazines so you'd have to download the content again (it's saved in your Zinio account, anyway, so you'll never truly lose it. It's just a hassle to re-download).


Messaging



The only thing I ever actually use is Mail for my email (I check it every morning and night) and Emoticon for my emoji keyboard for Instagram and Twitter posts. The others, particularly Viber, I only use if I want to contact online stores for a purchase.


Organization



These, particularly Clock, Evernote, and 30/30, are life-savers. I have more than one alarm for waking up every day (since the snooze button is my friend), I save a ton of notes for school and writing online, and I need a timer for the pomodoro method of studying (25 minutes work, 5 minutes break). I tend to use FocusBooster from my laptop more, though, but this one for my phone also works great.


Reading



What's an iPhone without ebooks? The ones I use the most for my iPhone are Kindle and Adobe Reader (I save some school readings there so I don't have to lug around a heavy iPad). The Zinio one serves as a backup if I want to take a break and read some mags, but mainly, it's for my iPad.


Photog



Ah, we come to this. I have a whole category for my photo posting and processing. Of course, there's Instagram and Photos, and the others serve to be accessories for IG. I use PhotoCollage for, well, collage-making, Repost for reposting, Photoshop Express, Camera360, and VSCOcam for photo processing, Latergramme for IG scheduling, and Quollective (and Vanillapen) for quote-making.


Web



These are basically my social media accounts. I use all of them a lot, except for Safari because I use Chrome.


Games



Occasionally, I play on my phone (I don't do this often since I'd rather go on IG or YT). These four are sure-fire ways to pass the time, but my favorite is Piano Tiles. since it helps with my concentration and it makes me wind down when I'm stressed (sort of like a cool-down exercise in the gym).


Others

The Others are basically random but needed apps that don't fit into the other categories. Seven for daily exercises (I highly recommend it), BPI for banking (I love the service!), Google Maps for directions (especially since I commute), GMA News for current affairs (though I mainly rely on Twitter instead of this), MMDA for traffic news, Relax M for various sounds that help sleep/relaxation, GrabTaxi for transpo, Project NOAH and ARKO for weather and flood news, RC Calendar for reminders on Catholic dates, Xend Mobile for courier services, and Zalora for online shopping.


Educ



These are the main reasons I LOVE the iPhone (I've used an Android before but it still doesn't compare). SpanishDict and Quizlet (a flashcard app) are life-savers for someone who's taking a foreign language. I cannot even communicate how important Quizlet is to my college life; it completely changed my way of studying. Try it yourself!


Music



I like music, as you can probably tell from my BMM Logs. There's nothing in my Videos app but my Music app holds a lot. I also have both Deezer and Spotify and they are both fantastic.


Japanese



I've taken an entry-level Japanese class before but couldn't really keep up with the Kanji. I'm intending to revisit the language after Spanish so I have all these apps to help (of course, note that they're not substitutes for an actual teacher or a book).


Whew, that was a lot. Hope this post helped. What apps do you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...