Sep 20, 2014

On Lipsticks

I love wearing lipstick. I have to wear one; otherwise, I'd look sick and gray. My lips just aren't naturally colored.

My favorite everyday color is Revlon's Coral Berry. It's a great brightening color that flatters me very well and I make sure to always bring it in my makeup bag.



Unfortunately, once I eat, this happens:


I think it's unsightly to leave a lipstick mark on utensils. Glasses, passable. But spoons and forks? Unacceptable.

So as much as possible, I wear a lipstick that really clings to the lips and doesn't transfer. It also has to be long-lasting. I've tried a couple of formulations but they leave my lips feeling horribly dry and chapped. That's why my HG (holy grail) lip color is...

Benefit Cha Cha Tint

This is a god-send. It's long-lasting (this lasts at least 5-6 hours if I don't eat anything oily, and, if I don't top it off with balm, it can last all day!), multi-functional (it can also be used for the cheeks - and it lasts all day even on my combi-oily skin), and comfortable (it's not drying - it doesn't make your lips feel like they're shedding, unlike some lip colors I've tried).

The price might throw you off, though (it retails for about 1600 PHP), but I think it's worth it. If you're the type to throw on your make up then forget about it during the day, then this is for you. It also lessens the number of products you use so you can have your own 5-product face.

What's your HG lip product?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...