Nov 2, 2014

Halloween Travel List

Since I'm not over Halloween yet (hey, there's still Old Halloween on November 6), let me share with you my Halloween travel list. These are places I would love to go to during Halloween, just to soak up the culture and the atmosphere:

Salem, MA
the Hawthorne Hotel Oct. 31, 2014 Newsletter

How could I not include this? In Salem, MA,
Halloween is celebrated for one whole month, starting October 1 until 31. Wow.

I basically found out about this epic celebration from the blogs Streets Of Salem and Hawthorne Hotel (where I'd check in if ever I get to go to Salem). Go check them out, too, if you want to know more about the happenings in Salem.

Mexico

Los Dias de los Muertos. Days of the Dead, when the dead rejoins the living.

Mexico has a rich culture regarding this. There are different types of food and customs done to symbolically celebrate the event. Sugar skulls, butterflies, chrysanthemums, and a lot more. I bet the atmosphere is just something I've never experienced before. Definitely on my list.


Ireland
Hallowe'en Carnival photo from DiscoverNorthernIreland.com

Again, how could I not include this? Some people believe that Halloween as we know it now originated from Ireland. The Celts, the Druids, witches, faeries, the culture is so very different. And, since I've been a sucker for Irish folklore since I was a kid, spending Halloween here is a dream come true.

Where is your dream Halloween destination?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...